Understanding Children With Special Needs & Basic Child First Aid
In collaboration with the Singapore Emergency Responder Academy (SERA), ACC is offering a 1-day Child First Aid & Understanding Children with Special Needs for young parents and early childhood educators.
The 1-day workshop comprised of 2 components:
- Understanding Children with Special Needs (4hrs)
- Provide Basic Child and Infant First Aid (4hrs)
*You can also choose to attend the 4 hours seminar on Understanding Children with Special Needs
- Early Childhood Educators
- Young Parents
- Individuals keen on learning more about child and infant first aid and understanding children with special needs
- Overview of characteristics of different developmental disabilities (ADHD, Autism, Down Syndrome, Learning Disabilities, emotional and behavioral disorders)
- Managing behavioral issues of children with special needs (e.g. tantrums, non-participation and aggression)
- Engage children with special needs in class rooms
- Recognize a medical emergencies situation involving child and infant
- Perform CPR on child and infant during an Emergency
- Render the appropriate first aid treatment for Foreign Body Airway Obstruction on Child and Infant
- Common medical illness of child and infant
- To be able to understand the different types of learning disabilities and identify ways to support children with special needs
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small interactive classes
- Personalized certificate of completion
Facilitator for Understanding Children with Special Needs
Irene holds a Master’s Degree in Education, specialising in Special Education from the National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University in Singapore.
She has 9 years of experience working as a special education teacher with children ages ranging from 5 to 18, with global developmental delays, attention deficit hyperactive disorder, intellectual and learning disabilities, and autism. She worked in different settings, including voluntary welfare organizations schools, international school, and individualised home-based sessions. She collaborated with parents and therapists for optimal education and non-education success of the children.
As a special education teacher, she emphasizes on the holistic growth of a child including learning in natural environments, multi-sensory approaches, utilising a child’s strength to help them reach their optimal zone of development. Irene is a full-time lecturer at ACC, teaching Specialist Diploma in Teaching and Supporting Children with Special Needs.
Facilitator for Child First Aid
The course will be conducted by First Aid Trainer with the following background:
- Child First Aid Instructor Certification
- Basic Cardiac Life Support + AED Chief Instructor
|Fees and Charges|
|Total Before GST||$150.00|
|Total After GST||$160.50|
We do not accept Cash over the counter. You may however do a bank transfer or bank deposit and forward the proof of your deposit to us at email@example.com. Please call us at 6339 5411 for the bank details.
Payment Option: NETS / Cheque / Credit Card
Upcoming Workshop: TBC
Duration: 8 hours (1-day)
Venue: ACC, 51 Cuppage Road, #03-03, Singapore 229469
$180.00 (before GST) $150.00 (before GST) for a limited time only
Upon Completion: Certificate of Attendance, by ACC Institute of Human Services and Singapore Emergency Responder Academy
Join our Waiting List!
In the event you are unable to join the upcoming workshop, or if there are no available workshop dates, fret not! Join our waiting list and we will notify you when we have upcoming workshops dates.
Got a Question?
Fill up the form below and we will respond to you as soon as we can!