Specialist Certificate in Relationship and Marital Counselling
The Specialist Certificate in Relationship and Marital Counselling aims to equip participants with a foundation level of knowledge and skills in working with couples. The different types of couple therapies available will also provide basic training for aspiring relationship and marital counsellors.
- Interested participants who have no experience in counselling but are willing to gain a basic entry qualification to professional counselling.
- Professionals who wish to develop counselling skills and knowledge for application in their work areas such as in health, social services, educational, customer service, human resource and supervisory work settings.
- Interested people with aspiration of becoming relationship and marital counsellor.
- Professionals who wish to improve their skills and working with couples and helping them with their issues.
- Couples who want to have more awareness on themselves and learn how to handle their own relationships.
- A professional basic entry qualification to counselling
- Opportunities for personal growth
- Acquisition of crucial interpersonal skills and related knowledge.
- An entry level qualifications in relationship and marital counselling
- A knowledge on nature and issues on relationship and marriage as well as different techniques on counselling couples
- Provide a basic level of knowledge about major approaches to counselling and psychotherapy.
- Provide training in basic counselling skills and practice introduce the ethical and professional issues faced by counsellors in human service industries.
- Introduce a basic level of knowledge and skills in working with different client groups and specific client issues.
- Provide training for aspiring relationship and marital counsellors.
The programme will be delivered through lectures, group discussions, practical demonstrations, video presentations, practical and experiential exercises, case studies, and role-plays. Students will be assessed through written assignments, projects, oral presentations, and videotaped counselling project/examination.
The lecturer-student ratio is set at 1:25 to ensure optimum teaching, learning and sharing between the lecturer and students.
There is a total of 1 module with assignments. Each module consists of 12 sessions.
Number of Modules: 1 module, each with assignments
Contact Hours: 36 hours
Total Duration: 1.5 months
Each classroom session is 3 hours, held once or twice a week.
Student must achieve at least 75% attendance for all modules and a minimum passing mark of 50 for all assignments to be awarded the Specialist Certificate in Relationship and Marital Counselling.
To be eligible for admission to the course, applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- Diploma holders in any field
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Mature applicants not meeting the admission requirements are invited to apply as the program recognises relevant life experiences that students bring with them
- Application will be considered on a case-by-case basis; in some circumstances, interview might be needed
- Understanding Relationships, Divorce, Remarriage, Separation
- Family of Origin
- Communication Skills and Conflict Resolution
- Premarital Relationship and Counselling
- Solution and Problem Focused Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Integrative Behavioural Couple Therapy
- Imago Therapy
- Couple Issues: Domestic Violence, Infidelity and Intimacy
- Couple Issues: Addictions, Stresses in Marriage (Financial Issues, Work, Children, In-laws)
- Keeping the marriage alive, rekindling the burning flame
- Self and Couple Assessment
Fees and Charges
Fees are payable to: ACC Institute of Human Services Pte. Ltd.
|Total after GST||$2,225.60|
|Total Before GST||$2,080.00|
We do not accept Cash over the counter. You may however do a bank transfer or bank deposit and forward the proof of your deposit to us at courses @acc.edu.sg. Please call us at 6339 5411 for the bank details.
Payment Option 1:
Lump sum payment by Cheque, Nets or Credit Card.
Payment Option 2:
0% interest free installment plan with selected merchant banks
Payment Option 3:
In-house installment plan where there is a $50 administrative fee for each installment payment after the initial payment. The installment plan only applies to the course fees.
Request for eBrochure and View Upcoming Preview Dates
Keen to find out more? Please provide us with your name, email and contact number. We will email you the module details and enrolment form. You can also view our free upcoming preview/information sessions where you will be able to find out more about our courses.
Thank you and we wish you good success!
Study Mode: Part-time only
Duration: 1.5 months
Modules: 1 module, consisting of 12 lessons
“This learning experience has been beneficial and helpful. I am enthusiastic to learn about learning and developmental disorder of the students I teach. Looking forward, I could use this skill to help more children and advance my career.”
“I appreciated the learning I gained from this module. I learned how to recognize symptoms and how I can help these children.”
“The rooms are conducive for learning. The lighting, furnitures and AC were commendable. The attitude and welcoming smiles of the student team is very much appreciated.”
Got a Question?
Fill in the form below and we’ll respond as soon as we can.