Specialist Certificate in Relationship and Marital Counselling
Introduction to the Programme
The programme has been designed for:
- Interested participants who have no experience in counselling but are willing to gain a basic entry qualification to professional counselling.
- Professionals who wish to develop counselling skills and knowledge for application in their work areas such as in health, social services, educational, customer service, human resource and supervisory work settings.
- Interested people with aspiration of becoming relationship and marital counsellor.
- Professionals who wish to improve their skills and working with couples and helping them with their issues.
- Couples who want to have more awareness on themselves and learn how to handle their own relationships.
The programme provides participants with:
- A professional basic entry qualification to counselling
- Opportunities for personal growth
- Acquisition of crucial interpersonal skills and related knowledge.
- An entry level qualifications in relationship and marital counselling
- A knowledge on nature and issues on relationship and marriage as well as different techniques on counselling couples
The programme aims to:
- Provide a basic level of knowledge about major approaches to counselling and psychotherapy.
- Provide training in basic counselling skills and practice introduce the ethical and professional issues faced by counsellors in human service industries.
- Introduce a basic level of knowledge and skills in working with different client groups and specific client issues.
- Provide training for aspiring relationship and marital counsellors.
Teaching and Assessment
The programme will be delivered through lectures, group discussions, practical demonstrations, video presentations, practical and experiential exercises, case studies, and role-plays. Students will be assessed through written assignments, projects, oral presentations, and videotaped counselling project/examination.
The lecturer-student ratio is set at 1:25 to ensure optimum teaching, learning and sharing between the lecturer and students.
The module consists of 12 sessions of lectures with assignments.
Contact Hours: 36 hours
Each classroom session is 3 hours, held once a week.
To be eligible for admission to the course, applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- Diploma holders in any field
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Mature applicants not meeting the admission requirements are invited to apply as the program recognises relevant life experiences that students bring with them
- Application will be considered on a case-by-case basis; in some circumstances, interview might be needed
- Understanding Relationships, Divorce, Remarriage, Separation
- Family of Origin
- Communication Skills and Conflict Resolution
- Premarital Relationship and Counselling
- Solution and Problem Focused Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Integrative Behavioural Couple Therapy
- Imago Therapy
- Couple Issues: Domestic Violence, Infidelity and Intimacy
- Couple Issues: Addictions, Stresses in Marriage (Financial Issues, Work, Children, In-laws)
- Keeping the marriage alive, rekindling the burning flame
- Self and Couple Assessment
- Ms Jane Eirene Santos-Kwok
- Mr Tan Choon Hooi, Klein
- Ms Karen Sciberras
- Mdm Tan Lay Geok
Click here to view the lecturers’ profile
Upon successfully completing the course, the ACC School of Counselling and Psychology will award students with a Specialist Certificate in Relationship and Marital Counselling.
Fees and Charges
Fees are payable to: ACC Institute of Human Services Pte. Ltd.
|Total after GST||$2,225.60|
|Total Before GST||$2,080.00|
*Textbooks not included.
We do not accept Cash over the counter. You may however do a bank transfer or bank deposit and forward the proof of your deposit to us at email@example.com. Please call us at 6339 5411 for the bank details.
Payment Option 1:
Lump sum payment by Cheque, Nets or Credit Card.
Payment Option 2:
0% interest free instalment plan with selected merchant banks
Request for eBrochure and View Upcoming Preview Dates
Keen to find out more? Please provide us with your name, email and contact number. We will email you the module details and enrolment form. You can also view our free upcoming preview/information sessions where you will be able to find out more about our courses.
Thank you and we wish you good success!