Counsellor-in-Training – Joseph Quek
- Master of Counselling – Monash University (Completion Date: Sep 2019)
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing) – Curtin University of Technology
- Registered Nurse (RN) with Singapore Nursing Board
- Certificate in Basic Counselling by the SAF Counselling Centre, endorsed by UniSim (Now known as Singapore University of Social Sciences)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Spec Course by SAF Medical Training Institute / Justice Institute of British Columbia (JIBC)
- WSQ Advance Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) by Institute of Adult Learning
Joseph is a counsellor-in-training with the ACC Institute of Human Services’ Counselling Practicum Clinic. He is currently pursuing his Master of Counselling at Monash University.
As the Training Manager (Corporate and Schools) of the ACC Institute of Human Services, Joseph oversees the programme development and operations of the various mental wellness courses and workshops. In addition, he is the Principal trainer of the Psychological First Aid course, where he teaches participants how to provide psychological first aid to individuals going through crisis, how to recognize signs of stress and how to manage and cope with stress.
Prior to this, Joseph worked in the Ministry of Defence as the Head of the Basic Cardiac Life Support and CPR Centre in the SAF Medical Training Institute (SMTI). He volunteered to take up the appointment as Para-Counsellor in SMTI and undergo rigorous basic counselling training by SAF Counselling Centre. After the completion of his training, Joseph went out to serve as a Para-Counsellor and assisted many soldiers who were going through life crisis.
Joseph is also an active officer of The Boys’ Brigade for the past 10 years, where he mentors and counsels the boys to become leaders of the next generation.
Joseph has worked with adults and youths in the areas of self-esteem, anger management, stress management, depression, anxiety issues and other life challenges.