Welcome to the ACC Institute of Human Services!
In this page, you will find all the information that you will need to know as you start your learning journey with us at ACC. We wish you all the best! If you have any doubts or questions, feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 3 working days.
One Week Before Course Commences
Before your first lesson with us, there are a few administrative procedures to be completed. The following serves as a checklist:
- Have you signed the PEI Student Contract and made the necessary payments due?
- Have you obtained the lesson schedule for your upcoming module?
- Have you been invited into the Student Portal for your upcoming lesson?
You will be given access to the Student Portal a week before your course commences. In the Student Portal, you will be able to:
- View the upcoming course schedule
- Access general documents such as the Student Handbook
- Participate in online discussions that the lecturer might post
- Submit your assignments
Day of Course Commencement
When you arrive at our campus for your lesson, do refer to the TV screen for your classroom allocation. You will then need to
- Sign on the attendance sheet
- Collect your module guidebook
Students must achieve 75% attendance for all modules. In the event the student foresees that he/she will be unable to fulfill the attendance requirements, the student is advised to inform the Student Care Department and opt to defer the module.
Student attendance contributes to the overall assessment results of the module. As such, the student’s attendance will also be reflected on the Student Transcript.
In the event that the student does not achieve the 75% attendance requirement, a warning letter will be issued by the Institute. Students who repeatedly do not achieve this minimum attendance may be barred from continuing the module and may need to re-take the entire module.