Specialist Certificate in Children & Youth Counselling and Management
The Specialist Certificate in Children & Youth Counselling aims to equip the individual with the know-how of detection and assessment of children & at-risk youths through gaining an appreciation and awareness of the dynamics that lie beyond the delinquency of a child (i.e. the child’s personality, the family, peer group pressures, socioeconomic issues of poverty and minority status).
- Parents, helpers, social workers, school based professionals and anyone keen to enhance their skills in handling their interactions with young people.
- Many people who work with youths gain satisfaction and success from their work, yet a great deal of their contemporaries, discouraged by outcomes, experience much difficulty in coping.
- A professional basic entry qualification to counselling children & youth.
- Opportunities for personal growth
- Acquisition of crucial interpersonal skills and related knowledge.
The programme will be delivered through lectures, group discussions, practical demonstrations, video presentations, practical and experiential exercises, case studies, and role-plays. Students will be assessed through written assignments, projects, oral presentations, and videotaped counselling project/examination.
The lecturer-student ratio is set at 1:25 to ensure optimum teaching, learning and sharing between the lecturer and students.
There are a total of 1 module with assignments. Each module consists of 12 sessions.
Number of Modules: 1 module, each with assignments
Contact Hours: 36 hours
Total Duration: 3 months
Each classroom session is 3 hours, held once a week.
- Ms Goh Chiou Yun, Carol
- Mr Tan Choon Hooi, Klein
- Ms Karen Sciberras
- Mdm Tan Lay Geok
Click here to view the lecturers’ profile
Student must achieve at least 75% attendance for all modules and a minimum passing mark of 50 for all assignments to be awarded the Specialist Certificate in Children and Youth Counselling and Management.
To be eligible for admission to the course, applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- Diploma holders in any field
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Mature applicants not meeting the admission requirements are invited to apply as the program recognises relevant life experiences that students bring with them
- Application will be considered on a case-by-case basis; in some circumstances, interview might be needed
Watch our module summary video
- Adolescent Development
- Factors Influencing Youth
- Courtship love and Sexuality
- Youth Risk-Taking Behaviour
- Depression and Suicide
- Eating Disorder
- Counselling Children and Adolescents
- Aggression and Conduct Disorders
- Child Abuse and Trauma
- Self Mutilation
- Anxiety, Social Phobia, Selective Mutism
Fees and Charges
Fees are payable to: ACC Institute of Human Services Pte. Ltd.
|Total Before GST||$2,080.00|
|Total after GST||$2,246.40|
We do not accept Cash over the counter. You may however do a bank transfer or bank deposit and forward the proof of your deposit to us at email@example.com. Please call us at 6339 5411 for the bank details.
Payment Option 1:
Lump sum payment by Cheque, Nets or Credit Card.
Payment Option 2:
0% interest free installment plan with selected merchant banks
Request for eBrochure and View Upcoming Preview Dates
Keen to find out more? Please provide us with your name, email and contact number. We will email you the module details and enrolment form. You can also view our free upcoming preview/information sessions where you will be able to find out more about our courses.
Thank you and we wish you good success!
Study Mode: Part-time only
Duration: 3 months
Modules: 1 module, consisting of 12 lessons
“The exposure study on the subjects brings me to a different world. This course has brought me near to my children. And to assist my children to achieve their goals.”
“When the mind is happy, more learning takes place. Thank you for being an interactive lecturer.”
“The rooms are conducive for learning. The lighting, furnitures and AC were commendable. The attitude and welcoming smiles of the student team is very much appreciated.”
Got a Question?
Fill in the form below and we’ll respond as soon as we can.