Specialist Certificate in Consumer Psychology
The Specialist Certificate in Consumer Psychology covers a wide range of topics that deal with how consumers think, feel, respond and act toward product and service related information and experiences. Learning from cognitive, social, neurobiological and other psychology domains, students will gain an in-depth understanding of consumer behaviour that will in turn help them to explain, predict and influence consumer responses. Topics include emotions, memory, attention, decision-making, social influences, personality and neuromarketing. A key area of focus is the application of theory to real world marketing problems.
Why study Consumer Psychology?
- To better understand how consumers think, feel, reason and make decisions through theoretical psychological approaches
- To effectively target consumers’ needs and wants
- To educate and help consumers make better decisions
- To design effective products and marketing campaigns that lead to improved business performance
- Professionals working in business, marketing, advertising or other careers which entail an understanding of consumers to design and promote winning products and services
- Individuals with a background in Psychology who want to gain greater knowledge in Consumer Psychology
- Interested individuals who wish to gain knowledge of markets and consumers
- Core theories of consumer behaviour and the psychological and environmental factors that influence consumer choice
- Research-based evidence to support theoretical understanding
- Real-world examples and case studies that integrate theories with applications
- Understanding of implications for marketers when designing marketing strategies
The programme will be delivered through lectures, group discussions, practical demonstrations, video presentations, practical and experiential exercises, case studies, and role-plays. Students will be assessed through written assignments, projects, oral presentations, and videotaped counselling project/examination.
The lecturer-student ratio is set at 1:25 to ensure optimum teaching, learning and sharing between the lecturer and students.
There are a total of 1 module with assignments. Each module consists of 12 sessions.
Number of Modules: 1 modules with assignments and an examination
Contact Hours: 36 hours
Total Duration: 1.5 months
Each classroom session is 3 hours, held twice a week.
Student must achieve at least 75% attendance for all modules and a minimum passing mark of 50 for all assignments to be awarded the Specialist Certificate in Consumer Psychology.
To be eligible for admission to the course, applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- Diploma holders in any field
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Mature applicants not meeting the admission requirements are invited to apply as the program recognises relevant life experiences that students bring with them
- Application will be considered on a case-by-case basis; in some circumstances, interview might be needed
- Introduction to Consumer Psychology
- Consumers, Moods and Emotions
- Consumers and Message Processing
- Consumers and Memory
- Consumers and Decision Making
- The Social Consumer
- Consumers and the Five Senses
- Applications for Marketers 1
- Applications for Marketers 2
- Individual Differences in Consumers / The Aging Consumer
- The Future of Consumer Psychology
Fees and Charges
Fees are payable to: ACC Institute of Human Services Pte. Ltd.
Without Bursary and Funding
|Total after GST||$2,225.60|
|Total Before GST||$2,080.00|
We do not accept Cash over the counter. You may however do a bank transfer or bank deposit and forward the proof of your deposit to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call us at 6339 5411 for the bank details.
Payment Option 1:
Lump sum payment by Cheque, Nets or Credit Card.
Payment Option 2:
0% interest free installment plan with selected merchant banks
Request for eBrochure and View Upcoming Preview Dates
Keen to find out more? Please provide us with your name, email and contact number. We will email you the module details and enrolment form. You can also view our free upcoming preview/information sessions where you will be able to find out more about our courses.
Thank you and we wish you good success!