Specialist Certificate in Practical Counselling
“We have to admit that our lifestyle now has been affecting our health, may it be physically, emotionally and mentally. Due to the stress in all aspect of our lives, people have less time to take care of their emotional needs. Often times, we are left to ignore this part because we become too focus on what we think is more important. But in order to survive and live a somewhat ideal life, we need to find venue to let out our issues and learn how to manage it.
In recent statistics done by the Institute of mental Health in the year 2011, the figure of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder would be one in 33 people. The study also found that 12% of people here will have some kind of mental disorder in their lifetime. For most, mental illness will hit by the time they are 29 years old. Intervene now before it is too late.”
The Specialist Certificate in Practical Counselling is designed to help people gain practical skills on how to do counselling. This is will enable them to have a better understanding of themselves so that they can learn to help themselves and others in times of need.
- Participants who have no experience in counselling but are willing to gain a basic entry qualification to professional counselling.
- Professionals who wish to develop counselling skills and knowledge for application in their work areas such as in health, social services, education, customer service, human resource and supervisory work settings.
- A professional basic entry qualification to counselling
- Opportunities for personal growth
- Acquisition of crucial interpersonal skills and related knowledge
- A basic level of knowledge about major approaches to counselling and psychotherapy
- Training in basic counselling skills and practice
The programme integrates the 3 areas salient to counsellor training programmes:
- Personal growth
- Skills in counselling.
- Focus on developing counsellor awareness including:
- How the student’s interpersonal style affects the counselling process
- Students will be taught to reflect and learn from their training experiences
The programme will be delivered through lectures, group discussions, practical demonstrations, video presentations, practical and experiential exercises, case studies, and role-plays. Students will be assessed through written assignments, projects, oral presentations, and videotaped counselling project/examination.
The lecturer-student ratio is set at 1:25 to ensure optimum teaching, learning and sharing between the lecturer and students.
There is a total of 1 module with assignments. Each module consists of 12 sessions.
Number of Modules: 1 module, each with assignments
Contact Hours: 36 hours
Total Duration: 1.5 months
Each classroom session is 3 hours, held once or twice a week.
Student must achieve at least 75% attendance for all modules and a minimum passing mark of 50 for all assignments to be awarded the Specialist Certificate in Practical Counselling.
To be eligible for admission to the course, applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- Diploma holders in any field
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Mature applicants not meeting the admission requirements are invited to apply as the program recognises relevant life experiences that students bring with them
- Application will be considered on a case-by-case basis; in some circumstances, interview might be needed
Fees and Charges
Fees are payable to: ACC Institute of Human Services Pte. Ltd.
|Total Before GST||$1,787.00|
|Total after GST||$1,929.96|
We do not accept Cash over the counter. You may however do a bank transfer or bank deposit and forward the proof of your deposit to us at courses @acc.edu.sg. Please call us at 6339 5411 for the bank details.
Payment Option 1:
Lump sum payment by Cheque, Nets or Credit Card.
Payment Option 2:
0% interest free installment plan with selected merchant banks
Payment Option 3:
In-house installment plan where there is a $50 administrative fee for each installment payment after the initial payment. The installment plan only applies to the course fees.
Request for eBrochure and View Upcoming Preview Dates
Keen to find out more? Please provide us with your name, email and contact number. We will email you the module details and enrolment form. You can also view our free upcoming preview/information sessions where you will be able to find out more about our courses.
Thank you and we wish you good success!
Study Mode: Part-time only
Duration: 1.5 months
Modules: 1 module, consisting of 12 lessons
“This learning experience has been beneficial and helpful. I am enthusiastic to learn about learning and developmental disorder of the students I teach. Looking forward, I could use this skill to help more children and advance my career.”
“I appreciated the learning I gained from this module. I learned how to recognize symptoms and how I can help these children.”
“The rooms are conducive for learning. The lighting, furnitures and AC were commendable. The attitude and welcoming smiles of the student team is very much appreciated.”
Got a Question?
Fill in the form below and we’ll respond as soon as we can.