Specialist Certificate in Understanding Developmental Disabilities and Giftedness
This Specialist Certificate in Understanding Developmental Disabilities and Giftedness will help participants gain insights and understanding about children with special needs such as Autism, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and other learning disabilities.
Besides being suitable for professionals who work with children with special needs, this diploma also caters to parents or caregivers who have no prior experience in managing or caring for children with special needs.
Upon completion of this module, students may choose to do a top-up of 3 modules and receive a Specialist Diploma in Teaching and Supporting Children with Special Needs.
- Interested people with the aspirations of becoming educators for children with special needs
- Professionals who wish to improve their skills in working with children with special needs in their work areas such as in pre-schools, primary and secondary schools, health and social services.
- Responsive parents and adults who have no experience in caring for children with special needs
- Knowledge about various types of developmental disabilities in children with special needs
- Provide a basic knowledge in identifying and empathizing with children focusing on supporting their special needs
- Provide training in working with children with special needs using well-rounded methods
The programme will be delivered through lectures, group discussions, practical demonstrations, video presentations, practical and experiential exercises, case studies, and role-plays. Students will be assessed through written assignments, projects, oral presentations, and videotaped counselling project/examination.
The lecturer-student ratio is set at 1:25 to ensure optimum teaching, learning and sharing between the lecturer and students.
There is a total of 1 module with assignments. The module consists of 8 sessions.
Number of Modules: 1 module with assignments
Contact Hours: 24 hours
Total Duration: 1.5 months
Each classroom session is 3 hours, held twice a week.
Student must achieve at least 75% attendance for all modules and a minimum passing mark of 50 for all assignments to be awarded the Specialist Certificate in Understanding Developmental Disabilities and Giftedness.
To be eligible for admission to the course, applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- Diploma holders in any field
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Mature applicants not meeting the admission requirements are invited to apply as the program recognises relevant life experiences that students bring with them
- Application will be considered on a case-by-case basis; in some circumstances, interview might be needed
- Introduction to Developmental and Learning Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Specific Learning Disorders
- Speech and Language Disorders
Fees and Charges
Fees are payable to: ACC Institute of Human Services Pte. Ltd.
|Total after GST||$1,669.20|
|Total Before GST||$1,560.00|
We do not accept Cash over the counter. You may however do a bank transfer or bank deposit and forward the proof of your deposit to us at courses @acc.edu.sg. Please call us at 6339 5411 for the bank details.
Payment Option 1:
Lump sum payment by Cheque, Nets or Credit Card.
Payment Option 2:
0% interest free installment plan with selected merchant banks
Payment Option 3:
In-house installment plan where there is a $50 administrative fee for each installment payment after the initial payment. The installment plan only applies to the course fees.
Request for eBrochure and View Upcoming Preview Dates
Keen to find out more? Please provide us with your name, email and contact number. We will email you the module details and enrolment form. You can also view our free upcoming preview/information sessions where you will be able to find out more about our courses.
Thank you and we wish you good success!
Study Mode: Part-time only
Duration: 1.5 months
Modules: 1 module, each with 8 lessons
“This learning experience has been beneficial and helpful. I am enthusiastic to learn about learning and developmental disorder of the students I teach. Looking forward, I could use this skill to help more children and advance my career.”
“I appreciated the learning I gained from this module. I learned how to recognize symptoms and how I can help these children.”
“The rooms are conducive for learning. The lighting, furnitures and AC were commendable. The attitude and welcoming smiles of the student team is very much appreciated.”
Got a Question?
Fill in the form below and we’ll respond as soon as we can.