Specialist Certificate in Work Place Counselling and Conflict Management
Introduction to the Programme
The programme has been designed for:
- Professionals in the industrial field who wish to counsel people in need in the corporate setting
The programme provides participants with:
- A professional basic entry qualification to counselling
- Opportunities for personal growth
- Acquisition of crucial interpersonal skills and related knowledge
Teaching and Assessment
The programme will be delivered through lectures, group discussions, practical demonstrations, video presentations, practical and experiential exercises, case studies, and role-plays. Students will be assessed through written assignments, projects, oral presentations, and videotaped counselling project/examination.
The lecturer-student ratio is set at 1:25 to ensure optimum teaching, learning and sharing between the lecturer and students.
The module consists of 12 sessions of lectures with assignments.
Contact Hours: 36 hours
Each classroom session is 3 hours, held once a week.
To be eligible for admission to the course, applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- Diploma holders in any field
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Mature applicants not meeting the admission requirements are invited to apply as the program recognises relevant life experiences that students bring with them
- Application will be considered on a case-by-case basis; in some circumstances, interview might be needed
- Cooperative Communication
- Speaking and Listening Skills
- Development of Communication Process
- Cultural and Individual Differences
- Culture Appropriate Communication
- Overcoming Barriers to Communication
- Following and Delegating
- Supervise Tasks
- Supporting Effective Operation
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Building and Maintaining External Relationships
This unit focuses specifically on work place issues. Here clients are seen as individuals who belong to a group with unique dynamics from that of society. Students will familiarize themselves with theories and issues centered on the work place such as stress, burnout, corporate suicides, leadership, and organizational politics. Method of group counselling which is widely used in the industrial field will also be practiced first hand.
- Ms Jane Eirene Santos-Kwok
- Mr Tan Choon Hooi, Klein
- Ms Karen Sciberras
- Mdm Tan Lay Geok
Click here to view the lecturers’ profile
Upon successfully completing the course, the ACC School of Counselling and Psychology will award students with a Specialist Certificate in Work Place Counselling and Conflict Management.
Fees and Charges
Fees are payable to: ACC Institute of Human Services Pte. Ltd.
|Total after GST||$2,225.60|
|Total Before GST||$2,080.00|
*Textbooks not included.
We do not accept Cash over the counter. You may however do a bank transfer or bank deposit and forward the proof of your deposit to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call us at 6339 5411 for the bank details.
Payment Option 1:
Lump sum payment by Cheque, Nets or Credit Card.
Payment Option 2:
0% interest free instalment plan with selected merchant banks
Request for eBrochure and View Upcoming Preview Dates
Keen to find out more? Please provide us with your name, email and contact number. We will email you the module details and enrolment form. You can also view our free upcoming preview/information sessions where you will be able to find out more about our courses.
Thank you and we wish you good success!