Art Therapy Workshop
Art Therapy is a human service profession that utilizes art media, images, creative art processes and patient/client responses to the created products as reflections of an individual’s development, abilities, personality, interests, concerns and conflicts.
Art Therapy practice is based on knowledge of human developmental and psychological theories which are implemented in the full spectrum of models of assessment and treatment including educational, psychodynamic, cognitive, transpersonal and other therapeutic means of reconciling emotional conflicts, fostering self-awareness, developing social skills, managing behavior, solving problems, reducing anxiety, aiding reality orientation and increasing self-esteem.
Art therapy encourages the person to express emotion and explore their problems using a wide range of art materials, enabling positive change and personal growth. The intention is not a focus on the artistic skills of the client but their engagement in a creative personal process.
In the art therapy process, people are encouraged to visually represent their thoughts and feelings, such as conflicts, wishes, and memories. Utilizing their artwork and verbalizations, they are helped to understand how they function as individuals and as part of a family and group system. Art therapy treatment in schools is art expression that lends itself to exploration, and as a result, to the adjustment of individuals to life.
IS ART THERAPY EFFECTIVE?
A study by the National Jewish Health found that Art Therapy was beneficial for children with severe asthma. It helped children establish a personal identity outside of their illness and reduced their fear and anxiety associated with their asthma attacks. Read more here.
WHO CONDUCTS THIS WORKSHOP?
Mrs. Vijaya Mohan (Master of Arts in Art Therapy- LASALLE College of Arts; Dip in SPED- NIE) is a Singapore trained art therapist and special educator with 15 years of experience in the field of health, therapy and the arts. She has worked with children with autism in school setting and is doing voluntary work in art therapy in various organizations like Institute of Mental Health, Rehab for Elderly and Old age home. She has experience in working with children affected by the Tsunami in Sri Lanka.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE ?
Childcare, Kindergarten & Primary School supervisors, teachers & assistant teachers, counselors, social workers, professionals in healthcare & welfare organizations, parents, caregivers.
- Small Class size to enable more interactive participation
- Case study Experience
- Certificate of Attendance’ by Academy of Certified Counsellors
THIS WORKSHOP AIMS TO ENABLE PARTICIPANTS TO :
- Gain an understanding of Art Therapy and its role in human life
- Use visual arts as a medium for healing, awareness and self-development.
- Implement creative arts in a multi disciplinary setting
- Introduction to Art therapy
- Understanding the role of art therapy in Human life
- How to facilitate communication using various art therapy approaches by understanding the value of non-verbal communication.
- Planning and implementing an art therapy session /exercises in an individual session and group setting.
- How creative arts can be implemented in a multi disciplinary setting
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small interactive classes
- Personalized certificate of completion
|Fees and Charges|
|Cost of Materials||$10.00|
|Total Before GST||$395.00|
|Total After GST||$422.65|
|ACC Member Fees and Charges|
|Cost of Materials||$10.00|
|Total after GST||$192.60|
We do not accept Cash over the counter. You may however do a bank transfer or bank deposit and forward the proof of your deposit to us at email@example.com. Please call us at 6339 5411 for the bank details.
Payment Option: NETS / Cheque / Credit Card
Instructor was friendly and engaging. (It was) a good introduction to Art Therapy.
-Angeline Goh (EDE), 29 April 2014
The day went by very quickly and the hands-on actvities were engaging and sufficient for such a workshop.
– Jacinta Tan, 29 April 2014
Instructor provided lots of hands-on experience and patiently explained the different artwork. Workshop was informative.
– Chong Ling Xuan, 29 April 2014
Instructor provied practical exercises that we may bring to our work context after our course.
– Tan Suet Ferng (Evangel Family Church), 29 April 2014