Specialist Certificate in Counselling Addiction – Gambling
- Participants who have no experience in counselling but are willing to gain a basic entry qualification to professional counselling
- Professionals who wish to develop counselling skills and knowledge for application in their work areas such as in health, social services, education, customer service, human resource and supervisory work settings
- Professionals who wish to help individuals involved in gambling addictions
- A professional basic entry qualification to counselling
- Opportunities for personal growth
- Acquisition of crucial interpersonal skills and related knowledge
- Specialisation in counselling gambling addiction
The programme will be delivered through lectures, group discussions, practical demonstrations, video presentations, practical and experiential exercises, case studies, and role-plays. Students will be assessed through written assignments, projects, oral presentations, and videotaped counselling project/examination.
The lecturer-student ratio is set at 1:25 to ensure optimum teaching, learning and sharing between the lecturer and students.
There is a total of 1 module with assignments. Each module consists of 12 sessions.
Number of Modules: 1 module, each with assignments
Contact Hours: 36 hours
Total Duration: 3 months
Each classroom session is 3 hours, held once or twice a week.
Student must achieve at least 75% attendance for all modules and a minimum passing mark of 50 for all assignments to be awarded the Specialist Certificate in Counselling Addiction – Gambling.
To be eligible for admission to the course, applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- Diploma holders in any field
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Mature applicants not meeting the admission requirements are invited to apply as the program recognises relevant life experiences that students bring with them
- Application will be considered on a case-by-case basis; in some circumstances, interview might be needed
- Overview of Gambling Addiction, The Gamblers Personality
- Special Population Gambling
- Comorbidity of Gambling
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Motivational Interview
- Treatment and Planning
- Family Counselling
- Relapse Prevention
- Crisis Intervention and Prevention
- Psychoanalytic Therapy
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy
- Financial Counselling
Fees and Charges
Fees are payable to: ACC Institute of Human Services Pte. Ltd.
|Total Before GST||$2,080.00|
|Total after GST||$2,246.40|
We do not accept Cash over the counter. You may however do a bank transfer or bank deposit and forward the proof of your deposit to us at courses @acc.edu.sg. Please call us at 6339 5411 for the bank details.
Payment Option 1:
Lump sum payment by Cheque, Nets or Credit Card.
Payment Option 2:
0% interest free installment plan with selected merchant banks
Payment Option 3:
In-house installment plan where there is a $50 administrative fee for each installment payment after the initial payment. The installment plan only applies to the course fees.
Request for eBrochure and View Upcoming Preview Dates
Keen to find out more? Please provide us with your name, email and contact number. We will email you the module details and enrolment form. You can also view our free upcoming preview/information sessions where you will be able to find out more about our courses.
Thank you and we wish you good success!
Study Mode: Part-time only
Duration: 3 months
Modules: 1 module, consisting of 12 lessons
“This learning experience has been beneficial and helpful. I am enthusiastic to learn about learning and developmental disorder of the students I teach. Looking forward, I could use this skill to help more children and advance my career.”
“I appreciated the learning I gained from this module. I learned how to recognize symptoms and how I can help these children.”
“The rooms are conducive for learning. The lighting, furnitures and AC were commendable. The attitude and welcoming smiles of the student team is very much appreciated.”
Got a Question?
Fill in the form below and we’ll respond as soon as we can.