Specialist Certificate in Counselling Addiction – Gambling
Introduction to the Programme
The programme has been designed for:
- Participants who have no experience in counselling but are willing to gain a basic entry qualification to professional counselling
- Professionals who wish to develop counselling skills and knowledge for application in their work areas such as in health, social services, education, customer service, human resource and supervisory work settings
- Professionals who wish to help individuals involved in gambling addictions
The programme provides participants with:
- A professional basic entry qualification to counselling
- Opportunities for personal growth
- Acquisition of crucial interpersonal skills and related knowledge
- Specialisation in counselling gambling addiction
Teaching and Assessment
The programme will be delivered through lectures, group discussions, practical demonstrations, video presentations, practical and experiential exercises, case studies, and role-plays. Students will be assessed through written assignments, projects, oral presentations, and videotaped counselling project/examination.
The lecturer-student ratio is set at 1:25 to ensure optimum teaching, learning and sharing between the lecturer and students.
The module consists of 12 sessions of lectures with assignments.
Contact Hours: 36 hours
Each classroom session is 3 hours, held twice a week.
To be eligible for admission to the course, applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- Diploma holders in any field
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Mature applicants not meeting the admission requirements are invited to apply as the program recognises relevant life experiences that students bring with them
- Application will be considered on a case-by-case basis; in some circumstances, interview might be needed
- Overview of Gambling Addiction, The Gamblers Personality
- Special Population Gambling
- Comorbidity of Gambling
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Motivational Interview
- Treatment and Planning
- Family Counselling
- Relapse Prevention
- Crisis Intervention and Prevention
- Psychoanalytic Therapy
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy
- Financial Counselling
- Ms Goh Chiou Yun, Carol
Click here to view the lecturers’ profile
Upon successfully completing the course, the ACC School of Counselling and Psychology will award students with a Specialist Certificate in Counselling Addiction – Gambling.
Fees and Charges
Fees are payable to: ACC Institute of Human Services Pte. Ltd.
|Total after GST||$2,225.60|
|Total Before GST||$2,080.00|
*Textbooks not included.
We do not accept Cash over the counter. You may however do a bank transfer or bank deposit and forward the proof of your deposit to us at courses @acc.edu.sg. Please call us at 6339 5411 for the bank details.
Payment Option 1:
Lump sum payment by Cheque, Nets or Credit Card.
Payment Option 2:
0% interest free instalment plan with selected merchant banks
Request for eBrochure and View Upcoming Preview Dates
Keen to find out more? Please provide us with your name, email and contact number. We will email you the module details and enrolment form. You can also view our free upcoming preview/information sessions where you will be able to find out more about our courses.
Thank you and we wish you good success!